- Your Films
The 7th Corona Fastnet Short Film Festival (CFSFF 2015) will take place from 20th May to 24th May 2015.
Deadline for Submissions
Entry through www.withoutabox.com or through our website.
|Earlybird Entry:||1st November 2014 – 14th November 2014||€20|
|Regular Entry:||15th November 2014 – 16th January 2015||€25|
|Late Entry:||17th January 2015 – 31st January 2015||€30|
|Extended Entry:||1st February 2015 – 14th February 2015 (5pm GMT)||€50|
PLEASE NOTE: YOUR FILMS, PHOTOS AND PRESS KIT MUST BE READY TO UPLOAD ON THE DAY THAT THE ENTRY FORM IS FILLED IN. FEES WILL BE CHARGED FOR THE PERIOD THAT THE FILM IS UPLOADED TO WITHOUTABOX/WEBSITE AND NOT THE DATE THAT THE ENTRY FORM IS STARTED. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN ENTRIES BEING REJECTED.
Festival Rules & Regulations
1) Entries should not exceed 15 minutes in duration excluding titles provided the titles don’t last for more than 1 extra minute.
2) Only films completed on or after 1st January 2013 are eligible for entry into the 2015 Festival competitions.
3) Films previously entered into and screened at our festival are not eligible for re-entry in subsequent years.
4) If the film is not in English, then it must have hard coded English subtitles, and in the case of DVD entrants, on both copies.
5) CFSFF reserve the right to refuse to screen any submission deemed by the Festival to be inappropriate. Should you wish to question CFSFF about their decision, you can contact us by email on
6) All submissions are screened and evaluated by the CFSFF Preview and Selection Committees, appointed by the festival steering committee. Their reports are final and confidential. Due to the amount of entries we now receive only the top 45% of films from each category as voted for by the Preview & Selection Judges will be screened at the festival in our main venue, The Village Hall and our Distributed Cinema venues around the town. Submitters will be advised via email and the list will also be announced on our website and on our Facebook page in the second week of May. The short list in each category, to be announced late on Saturday 23rd May 2015, will be chosen by the Category Judges and will be posted on our website, on our Facebook page and in the Box Office window. The shortlisted films will be shown on Sunday (24th) morning in the Village Hall. The winning films in each category will then be chosen from this short list and announced at our prize giving ceremony on the evening of Sunday 24th May 2015.
7) In the event of a film being withdrawn, CFSFF will not be liable to refund the fee or return the materials entered.
8) CFSFF will determine the date and time when submissions will be. CFSFF cannot be held accountable for changes to the schedule after the festival line-up is announced.
9) Participation in CFSFF grants us the authorisation to show the entered film on our CFSFF secure Intranet network. Viewing is only possible within the village of Schull itself.
10) A fee is required upon submission. For payment structures, see elsewhere on WAB site. Basic submission fees are €20 (Early Bird), €25 (Regular), €30 (Late) & €50 (Late Late) depending on when submission takes place, though there are WAB discounts. Please ensure your film is ready to send to us at the time of entry.
11) One entry fee per category. The same film can be entered into one or more categories, but each category requires an entry fee. If the filmmaker chooses to enter more than one category with the same film, please add an incremental numerical addendum in brackets after the title; i.e. “Film Title” (1), “Film Title” (2) etc as the system requires this differentiation in the case of multiple entries with the same title.
12) Exclusively the participant shall pay all fees in relation to the uploading or transportation of submissions from their place of origin to the address of CFSFF. The Festival will not be responsible for the cost of receiving any additional materials i.e. DVDs, posters, photos, etc.
13) If music or additional film material used in your film is not original, then permission from source must be obtained. The responsibility for this rests entirely with the filmmaker. Failure to obtain clearance could result in your film being withdrawn from the Festival. In this event, CFSFF will not be liable to refund the fee or return the materials entered.
14) The submission of a film to the CFSFF will be considered to be an acknowledgement of the festival rules.
15) In order to be eligible for the ‘Best in Cork’ prize, please indicate on your submission entry if the film was written, shot or produced in Co. Cork. This is only relevant to those filmmakers entering into the Over 18 competition, it does not apply to films submitted into the Young Filmmaker (U22) and Junior Filmmaker (U17) categories.
16) Entrants should UPLOAD their film to Martin Levis (please refer to OUR WEBSITE for instructions on how to do this: http://www.fastnetshortfilmfestival.com/your-films/film-technical-information/ ) on the day that the entry form is completed. Please include your press kit including still photos. Please write a 10-15 word (ONLY) synopsis for use in our festival programme – should your film be selected. WE WOULD LIKE TO ENSURE THAT THE JUDGES VIEW YOUR FILM IN THE HIGHEST QUALITY POSSIBLE. IF YOU HAVE A SCREENING COPY READY AT THE TIME OF ENTRY THEN PLEASE SEND US THAT VERSION.
17) CFSFF will contact you () if there are any problems. Once downloaded by us, your film will be loaded onto our festival server. Please refer to our website http://www.fastnetshortfilmfestival.com/your-films/film-technical-information/ for all Technical Information.
18) Insurance of DVD/USB entries is the responsibility of the sender. While all accepted films are treated professionally and with care, the Festival will not take responsibility for any loss or damage to DVDs.
19) CFSFF will attempt to resolve any technical matter related to submission. For more information and queries, contact